Why Don't You Exercise

Sunday, July 13, 2014


Why Don’t You Exercise?

We all have reasons why we do and don’t do things. When it comes to exercise, there are valid reasons to do it, but many times it is really hard to start exercising or find the motivation to do it. If you don’t exercise, I want you to come up with 3 reasons why you don’t. What are the biggest things holding you back right now? As life changes, I realize that these reasons will change too. But what are 3 things holding you back today? If you are exercising but are having a hard time getting to where you want to go, what are 3 things holding you back? Think and reflect for a bit. Once you identify these hurdles, you can then work on overcoming them.
Before I started working out the way I do today, I had many excuses but my top 3 were kids, time, and fear. My kids needed my attention, they took up my time, and I couldn’t workout with them. Working full time and being a mom gave me no time to work out. I had a huge fear of it too. I was intimidated to go to a gym where I knew nothing and I really didn’t know where to start or how to start so that fear kept me away.
Looking back, those reasons or excuses were pretty silly. And I actually took those excuses and turned them into my motivation. Now I work out for my kids. They benefit from me being fit. I want to be able to keep up with them and be a role model for them. Time doesn’t ever become more available but with working out, I became more productive and efficient. A good workout can be squeezed in in 30 minutes or stretched out to a few hours and they can vary. When planned, both work and can be fit into your schedule. Working out has become a huge part of my social life, which actually freed up time. Working out has actually given me a lot more confidence, which helps with the intimidation factor and fear. I also learned not to compare myself to others but to my old self and who I want to be. People don’t go to the gym to judge you they go to work on themselves.
I also had excuses about pushing myself to the next level. I got comfortable where I was and in a bit of a rut. This is when it was important for me to establish goals and constantly evaluate them.
I encourage you to conquer your excuses and try to turn them into motivation. It’s hard to imagine my life without fitness being such a priority like it is today. 
 Fitness motivation

No comments:

Post a Comment