Paleo Peach Pie

Thursday, July 10, 2014

I love to buy fresh seasonal fruit. It's even better if it is local. Sometimes I get carried away though and buy tons and tons because I like it so much so then I have to be creative with it before it goes bad. Sometimes I just freeze it. Other times I overload us with it at every meal and snack. But my favorite is to bake and cook with it. Today I had peaches on my mind so I made a paleo peach pie.
I thought it was delicious but the true test is always the kids. Ella came in from playing outside as I was pulling the pie out of the oven. When it cooled off, El tried it and she asked if she could eat the whole thing. She said it tastes just like what you would buy just a little bit more crumbly. Another plus is that it is so healthy it can really be eaten any time. I ate mine with plain yogurt.

Paleo Peach Pie

 Ingredients-
2 cups almond meal
2 tbsp coconut oil
pinch of salt
1 egg
3 peaches
 Crust-
In a food processor, mix 2 cups of almond flour with a pinch of salt, 1 egg, and 2 tbsp of coconut oil until it forms a ball. Then press it flat into a 9 inch pie pan.
For the filling, I used 3 peaches. I balnched the peaches for a minute so I could easily peel the skin off of them. I peeled them and then sliced them and placed them on top of the crust.
I then baked the pie for 30 minutes at 350




No comments:

Post a Comment