Squat Jump Challenge

Monday, July 21, 2014

I love working out my legs. I also think legs can be the most tiring and hardest part to work out. A great workout for your legs is a squat-jump. It can also get your heart rate up there pretty fast. While squats obviously build muscle in your legs, the jump actually engages your core as well. Squats are functional exercises and they burn fat. When I do squat jumps, my legs feel like jello afterwards.
My challenge for you this week is to do 20 squat jumps a day. Advanced would be doing all 20 in a row, going deep in your squat and springing high off the ground. A modification would be not going so deep in your squat and not jumping up so high. You can also break it down into two sets of 10 or 4 sets of 5 spread out throughout the day.
And yes, the kids can do this too! I call it frog jumps for the kids and I let them go all the way down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment