Push Up Challenge

Monday, July 7, 2014

Push ups can be done anywhere at any time and there are so many variations that no matter what your fitness level is, they can be done and be beneficial. Push ups strengthen your upper body and improve core strength.
My challenge to you is to do 30 push ups a day all week. You may do them all at once, all the same kid, or switch it up. I personally like to do as many as I can at once or pair them with my ab workout.
Pushups can be done anywhere! At home, at work, at a park. I use my furniture for equipment! 

Variations-
modified push up- place your thighs on the ground and push your body up
legs apart/arms push up
tricep push up- elbows tight to the ribs
Incline push up
decline push up

Modify or accelerate the push ups to your personal needs.  This is also a great activity to include the kids in! Push yourself a little further each day. Try to do less and less modified or more in a row.
A year ago, I could only do 5 regular push ups in a row. Today, they are one of my favorite exercises and I love to vary the styles!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment