Beachbody

Sunday, July 6, 2014

I have recently decided to take on the role of Beachbody Coach. Over the last few months, I have seen and heard about success stories with Beachbody. I started looking into it and saw how many fitness programs there were through Beachbody, as well as the nutrition component. When their newest fitness program PIYO came out, I knew I had to try it. I have never been one to participate in fitness classes at the gym. Its just not my thing. I have done fitness DVDs before as supplemental workouts. I liked the idea of PIYO because I think I could really benefit from Pilates and yoga but am too chicken to join a class. I bought the workout as a challenge pack which included shakeology. I felt that my diet was super clean coming into this challenge. I cut out all sugar except for fruits and I don't eat processed food and rarely even eat grains. I have never taken supplements or vitamins besides my prenatal ones while pregnant. I always felt I had a pretty well rounded diet and was good.
Ten days into this challenge, the results have already been amazing. I almost instantly felt a difference from drinking the shakes and I realized that my diet definitely had some holes in it. The biggest difference was the increase in energy. The shakes can be used as a meal replacement but I am not really using them in that way. I add many things to them which increases the calorie amount. It wasn't a goal of mine to lose weight. It was really just for more balance in my nutrition. I find that the shakes are very fulfilling (especially with peanut butter)  so I don't really eat a traditional breakfast with them. I drink my shakes after my run and PIYO workout. After I lift, I have a high protein snack and then a normal lunch and dinner. I have found that I am not hungry in between meals and don't really snack much anymore. I don't eat at all after dinner which used to be my weakness.
I love the PIYO workouts because they are quick. In such a short time, I feel like I am really working myself and getting a full body workout. I have seen an increase in my range of flexibility and have been sore in places that running and lifting doesn't cover for me.
I wasn't trying to lose weight with this challenge and didn't expect my body to transform. I am in the middle of marathon training, lifting at the gym 5 times a week and eating healthy. I have maintained a weight of 133 pounds over the last year and am in pretty good shape. To my surprise, I have already lost 2 pounds and have seen my body start to transform. I didn't measure myself initially because I didn't think I would see a significant difference but did a week into the challenge because I already noticed changes in my body. Keep in mind I am the one that gained weight while doing the 10 day sugar free challenge and training for a marathon.
This challenge has made my running and lifting more enjoyable and easier!
I decided to become a coach because I want to help others. Beachbody gives the tools for anyone to get control of their health and fitness. They have motivating programs for people that  have never worked out before and they have programs that benefit people that are already huge fitness buffs. I am such a skeptical person and was so unsure of this but the proof is really in the product and I am amazed at how it has changed me in just 10 days. I look forward to my shakes after my runs and I crave my PIYO workouts.
Beachbody top products include:
PIYO- new- a combination of pilates and yoga. workout using your own body weight and easy on the joins- gives long lean muscles
Shakeology- a shake mix made up of superfoods, vitamins, antioxidants, proteins, aminoacids, enzymes, and probiotics. Increases weight loss, overall health, regularity, and energy
21 Day Fix- combines exercise and nutrition to transform your body in 21 days
3 Day Refresh- A cleanse that lasts 3 days to get toxins and junk out of your system but still allows you to eat during it. Great to jump start a fitness program or after a vacation.
Please check out my website and let me know if you have any questions or would like any more information.
beachbodycoach.com/ninapears
 

No comments:

Post a Comment