What Do You Wish For?

Sunday, August 10, 2014

I love wishes- a penny on heads up, the first star at night, a shooting star, on birthdays, and money in a fountain. I take advantage of any opportunity. When I make wishes, I feel like a little kid. Wishes are magical. They give us hope. They are traditional.
While I was running yesterday, I saw a penny on heads up. I stopped and picked it up and made my wish. For the rest of my run, I thought about my wish and wishes I have made in the past.
I usually always wish for the same things and for as long as I can remember or at least through adulthood, the wishes have been the same. I wish for good health and happiness-occasionally, I will wish for financial freedom and success. I just told you my wishes! Does that mean they won't come true? What do all of these wishes have in common? They are all in my control for the most part. There  so many things that I can do to contribute to my good health. There may be things that arise that are out of my control but for the most part, if I take care of myself, I will be in good health.
I am also in control of my happiness. I can choose to be happy and to do things that will make me happy as well as surround myself by people that make me happy.
Same with financial freedom. Choices I make will contribute to my financial freedom. I have a job that limits my finances but I can work hard at and find other things and be responsible with my spending. There comes a point when needs are paid for and we recognize our wants within our range. Money really doesn't buy happiness. It buys things.
Lastly, is success. While watching a personal development clip this stuck with me. Successful people were defined as those that work hard, wait patiently, and don't give up. Success isn't working for something and getting it overnight but it is working for it and waiting for it and following through with it.
So are my wishes really wishes? Are yours? Can you work for those wishes and grant them yourself? Next time you make a wish, reflect upon that wish and make it come true yourself!
make a wish

No comments:

Post a Comment