Healthy Fall Recipes

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Over the next couple of weeks, I will be sharing my versions of traditional fall recipes. I love baking and I when I cut grains out of my diet, I really missed baked goods. I have tried a million recipes and found dome great alternatives to the traditional recipes. Fall is my favorite time to bake too!

In the summer, there is an abundance of berries. I love blueberry muffins. We found a great recipe with almond flour. We usually just use blueberries but I will add other berries of we have them. I always buy berries on sale and then put them in the freezer immediately. They are great to use frozen in yogurt, baking, smoothies, or to just snack on.

Almond Meal Blueberry Muffins

Prep time: 5 Minutes – Cook time: 25 Minutes – Total time: 30 Minutes
Yield: Makes 24 Mini Muffins


Ingredients:
  • 2 Cups Almond Flour
  • 2 Eggs
  • 2 Egg Whites
  • 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
  • 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
  • Dash of Salt
  • 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
  • 1 Cup Blueberries frozen or fresh
Directions:
  1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
  2. Mix all ingredients except blueberries  until smooth.
  3.  fold in blueberries.
  4. Spray muffin tin or mini muffin tin with a healthy, non-stick cooking spray.
  5. spoon batter into muffin tin.
  6. Bake for 25 minutes less if using a mini muffin tin
  7. Let cool.
  8. Enjoy!

Nina Pears

No comments:

Post a Comment