All School Movement- PiYo Live Warm Up

Friday, August 29, 2014

I am very fortunate to do what I love. I love teaching because it gives me an opportunity to inspire children and make a difference in their lives. This summer I took on the role of a Beachbody Coach as well. Although I don't think of it as a job. It pays like a job but again it is an amazing experience to help inspire people and make a difference in their lives. I have been very passionate about fitness-health and exercise. Beachbody has given me so many opportunities to feed this passion. It has also given me the confidence and courage to step out of my comfort zone and follow my passion further.
Last year, I became a movement trainer at our school. I learned  the science behind movement in education and saw the proof behind the research in my class. It was amazing to be able to move with the kids throughout the day and see a major improvement in achievement.
Last year we also implemented an all school movement once a month. This was a great community builder in our school and so much fun. I was always nervous to lead all school movement on the stage because as much as I liked working out, leading a group in a dance exercise wasn't my thing.
Over the summer, I fell in love with PiYo and stepped out of my comfort zone and got certified. At my certification class, I kept thinking how great this exercise would be for kids and how they would love it.
Today I got my opportunity to teach it to my school and do it with them. It was amazing! It was such an incredible feeling and a highlight of my teaching experience! I am very thankful for both of my jobs and am very fortunate! Days like today are the days you realize how rich you really are! And it has nothing to do with what's in your wallet!


Nina Pears

No comments:

Post a Comment