Acceptance

Sunday, August 17, 2014

There is so much grace in acceptance.


Over the summer, I got to a really good place personally. I am the happiest that I have been in such a long time, maybe even ever. As I think about what has happened and changed, there really isn't anything significant except for the fact that I accept the person I am and the life that I have. I also realize I am in control of it.
I have always been the person to have so many wants and desires in life that sometimes I take for granted what I have and don't even realize what I have. This summer was different. My wants changed. It's funny to say that because I think I am at a point in my life where I am more driven than ever but I am driven by my goals and not just wants that are out there.
The acceptance that I have learned to have this summer covers all aspects of life.
I accept the person that I am on my fitness journey. No longer to I look at others and say I want that. Or if only I can do that or have this. I have accepted that my competition is myself and I am on my own journey. I have short term goals and long term goals and as long as I am driven my those goals and working on my personal fitness journey, I am doing what I need to be doing. Because of that acceptance, I am more comfortable in my own skin than I have ever been and negativity from others doesn't bother me.
I have accepted myself as a mom. There is no hand book that comes with this role. I believe it is a role based on trial and error. I know I am not perfect at this role but I try to hard to do the best that I can and try to get better everyday.
And most importantly, I have accepted myself as a person. I come with flaws but I am all about growth. As I make mistakes, i take the time to reflect upon them to make sure I learn from them.
Acceptance has given me happiness. I am not perfect. I am me. I am always growing and learning and I love that. Being able to accept that creates happiness and diminishes guilt and regret.
This may be my biggest life lesson learned so far and I hope I can pass it on to my kids. As a mom, I want them to be happy with who they are and to continue to grow as individuals but to never compare themselves to others or feel inadequate.
We all are individuals on our own journeys. Our paths may cross or even be parallel but we will all get to our destinations in a different way and at a different speed!

Nina Pears

No comments:

Post a Comment