stop and listen

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Life is crazy. The days just get busier and our roles as moms become more and more demanding and diverse. This time of year is especially demanding. Everything we do that is making us crazy is usually for our children and we try so hard to make everyday so amazing for them!
I had one of the best moments as a mom today. I was in the kitchen cleaning and the kids were eating lunch at the table. I was able to just listen to them. The things they say and the dynamic between them is remarkable.
I took it all in and then I realized that so many times we are so busy doing things, I don't get the chance to stop and listen. I listen when they talk to me and we engage in great conversations together and as a family but very rarely do I listen to them talk and joke and fight with each other. While listening, I hear so much of Morgan and I in them. I realize that they are funny and that they truly get each other. I also realize that they fight a lot but there is so much love for each other in their fight and every argument ends with a laugh or a smile when the tears and frustration fade.
I look forward to eavesdropping on more of their conversations.


Nina Pears

No comments:

Post a Comment