First Impression of Insanity Max 30

Monday, December 8, 2014

I am going to start off by saying I hate cardio. Yes, I recently ran a marathon and I love to run but long distance running is different than intense cardio. I have been a little bit scared of this program but also want to push myself and step out of my comfort zone. I have a hard time pushing myself and tend to hold back quite a bit. I even went into this program with the idea of following the modifier.
I put the DVD in and at the very beginning during the warning notice, Shaun T is talking about the program and it really was inspiring. I decided I was going to push myself and give it my all!
During the warmup, I began to breath hard and was surprised at the intensity level of the warm up. I was determined to push myself as hard as I could. Maxing out is a mental and physical challenge with yourself. Physically my body was starting to hurt and mentally I just wanted to take a quick break. It was fun in a crazy way hanging on for as long as I could. I honestly pushed myself as hard as i possible could and need to take a break at 17:21. That was my official max out time. You realize that you don't need that long of a break but a few seconds allows you to finish strong. I wasn't prepared and didn't have water with me because I usually don't drink water while exercising. I ran into the bathroom and put my head under the sink and drank from the sink because I was dying.
I loved the workout because the exercises were so different from anything I have done in the past and they were fun. On the third repetition of them each round, I thought they were hell! The workout is set up in rounds. Each round has 3 exercises and you repeat each set of 3, 3 times. I think anyways. It is a little bit of a blur because it was so fast! The 30 minutes flies by and the exercises are tough. There was jumping but it wasn't crazy and the flow of exercises gave your body a break from jumping. I would compare the intensity to running my marathon. You truly do push yourself to your limits. I have never experienced that before besides my marathon.
My legs are already sore and my calves are on fire even when I am just sitting.
I think I am going to like this workout and I can see how it will give results! If you like to compete and push yourself and you like the challenge, this is the perfect workout for you. If you think it might be too much but like the idea of it, there is a modifier to follow.
I really love the nutrition guide that comes with the program too. It is the same as the 21 day fix meal plan but the lay out and organization of the guide is very user friendly. It is very doable too! My big takeaway is to eat 5 meals a day.


Nina Pears

1 comment: