3 Day Refresh Results

Monday, December 1, 2014

Up until 3 days ago, I had never done any type of cleanse before. I didn't really know what I was getting myself into and heard of great things about the 3 Day Refresh so I wanted to try it for myself. After all it was only 3 days and I figured I could do anything for 3 days. This one appealed to me because I could eat during it. I did it with my husband. I highly recommend having an accountability partner or someone to do it with. It was much nicer to go through it together.
Day 1
As I woke up Friday morning for Day 1, I was excited. My day started off the same as any other day. I did my workout and ran then had my Shakeology with water instead of almond milk and only half a banana. It wasn't a big deal at all. The fiber sweep was scheduled for my mid morning snack. I actually really enjoyed this my first day. It tasted like cream of wheat cereal with lemon. It wasn't bad at all. We had a pretty hectic day of hiking in to cut our own Christmas tree down and an hour drive up to the mountains. We packed our lunch and it wasn't terrible. We had a vanilla protein shake, a fruit, vegetable and hummus. It was mid afternoon that it started to hit me a little bit. We had more veggies and hummus for our afternoon snack and by this time I was starting to feel tired and a little hungry. I had a cup of tea to get me through. We did the worst thing ever which was Costco. I walked by all of the samples and spent a little more than usual fantasizing about all the foods I wanted but couldn't have. Making dinner for the kids was also torture. The smell and not sneaking a taste was hard. For dinner we had another vanilla shake and veggie stirfry.
We went to bed early and probably had the best nights sleep ever. We slept for 11 hours straight!
Day 2
I woke up feeling great and quickly drank my shake. My initial surge of energy from my 11 hours of sleep wore quickly. I did a normal workout but had a hard time doing it at the same intensity as I normally do. After the workout, I had my fiber sweep and it wasn't as delicious as it was the first day but still ok. We went about our normal day running errands with the kids. I noticed my stomach was a little grumbly and I was kind of in a fog all day. I was able to do everything as usual but I didn't have my normal pep. I was also a bit more irritable than normal. We switched up lunch for celery and almond butter and a pear and our afternoon snack was celery with peanut butter again. It seemed more satisfying and was absolutely delicious! Lunch and dinner for the kids were difficult again. In away we weren't really thinking about food so the kids had to remind us to feed them and while quick was the best approach, I didn't want to slack and go the unhealthy and easy route for them. Dinner consisted of veggie stirfry again. it was nice to have something hot for dinner. By the end of day 2, I was tired, fatigued, and grumpy. But physically, I felt great. My stomach felt good. I was not bloated and I noticed my clothes were even fitting differently already. I was able to stay up a little later but I was just laying on the couch. I got 9 hours of sound, quality sleep in.
Day 3
I wasn't in a hurry to get out of bed. I dragged my feet knowing I had one more day to get through. Thankfully it was a lazy Sunday and I didn't have anything I needed to do. There weren't any surprises and I saw the light at the end of the tunnel. The fiber sweep was really hard to get down this last time. I tried remembering how much I enjoyed it the first day but it just wasn't as tasty. It really isn't that bad if you just sip it quickly! I kept lunch, snack, and dinner the same to keep it simple! By the end of my dinner I was actually full which really surprised me. I enjoyed laying low as I still felt a lack of energy but was almost getting used to it and did a bit around the house. It was nice to slow down this last day because I realized that I never do slow down and also that I need a lot of energy to get through a typical day of mine. What got me through day 2 was Morgan weighing to realize he lost 9 pounds in his first 2 days and me weighing in to a loss of 5 pounds. And overall I didn't feel horrible and was able to function. I was just not 100%. Probably more like 50%.
Final results and Take Aways
Morgan is down a total of 9 pounds and I am down a total of 5 pounds.  As it felt like hell while doing it, now that it is over, it was well worth it. Some have asked why I would do it. I eat clean already and I am probably at my ideal weight. I did it for many reasons. No matter how clean we try to eat, we all slip a little here and there. I was fresh off a road trip and Thanksgiving. I was also at this point where the scale wouldn't budge no matter what I did. I worked out hard, I ran a marathon, and I ate constantly. The 3 Day Refresh brought me back to a balance. Watching my body detox proved that I needed this. I was also able to make the scale finally shift. I got out of the habit of eating 24/7.
So what is the plan now? Will it stay off? I am jumping right into the eating plan for the 21 Day Fix. It seems like a surplus of food now! I will eat the right portions of the right foods. I expect my weight to fluctuate up and down a little bit. This gave me some extra motivation to stay on track until Christmas!
It was worth it and now that it is over, it wasn't all the bad!

Discounted price with a month of Shakeology
 http://teambeachbody.com/shop/-/shopping/BCP3D160?referringRepId=425661

Just 3 day refresh with shakeology for 3 days
http://teambeachbody.com/shop/-/shopping/3DayRefresh?referringRepId=425661
Morgan's results- Before 258

Nina- Before- 134


Nina Pears

No comments:

Post a Comment