Insanity Max Week 1 is Done!

Sunday, December 14, 2014

I wrote about my initial reaction to the Insanity Max workout. It was tough for sure. Now I am officially done with week 1 of Insanity max 30 and will begin week 2 tomorrow. I completed week 1 with my husband but we did not workout together. We are too competitive with each other and the workout is too tough. It wouldn't be good for us to do it together.
After the first week of this workout, I can say it is really tough. I thought the first day was hard but the workouts got more difficult as the week went on and Friday's workout was insane for sure!
What I really like about this workout is that it truly is a mental and physical battle. Your body wants to stop and feels like it can't go anymore but you have to mentally push through to keep going. Even when you max out, you have to stay in mentally to start again and continue to give it your all.
After about a minute of the workout, you are already working out at max heart rate and then for the duration of the 30 minute workout, you continue to workout at max heart rate.
I am excited to compare my max out times from last week to this week. I am not sure if I liked going into the workouts blindly last week or heading into them knowing what to expect this week better.
I say bring on week 2 and I can't wait to max out and compete with last weeks times!
Nina Pears

No comments:

Post a Comment