Pesto Turkey Meatloaf

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

We used to always make meatloaf. It is a comfort food. Something about it takes me back to my childhood too. When I gave up sugar, I gave up meatloaf too. The recipe I used called for ketchup and bbq sauce both which have tons of sugar hidden in them.
Last night, I decided to get a little creative and make meatloaf that was sugar free.I was surprised how quickly it went and that we had no leftovers. When the kids are asking for more, I know it was a success.
Ingredients
ground turkey
tsp garlic powder
tsp salt
tsp pepper
1/4 onion finely chopped
1/4 cup pesto
1/2 cup small can tomato sauce- pure tomato sauce- just the tomatoes nothing else added!

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
Mix all of the ingredients together using only half of the pesto and tomato sauce, saving the rest to top it with. Place meat in a loaf pan.
Top the meat with the remainder of pesto and tomato sauce and spread evenly to coat meat.
Bake for 45 minutes to an hour. Always check the temp with a meat thermometer. All ovens vary.

We served with peas and corn. No leftovers here!


Nina Pears

No comments:

Post a Comment