MM- love/hate relationship

Monday, June 23, 2014

While running this morning I concluded that I have a love/hate relationship with it right now. During my runs, I think I hate it and question why in the world I am doing this-it takes so long and my body hurts and I have a million other things I am neglecting. Then I get lost in a thought, look up and take in the scenery, or come home to my family and feel completely refreshed and I think of how much I love running. Later on in the day as I am feeling tired and sore, again I question myself and my idea of running a marathon. As I try to plan my week around my husband's schedule, kids activities, and responsibilities, I find it nearly impossible to make time for my runs. But I always find a way to fit them in. I look forward to my runs and mentally feel so much better after I run. I feel guilt for devoting so much time to myself to train. But yet I feel like I am a better wife and mom doing this for myself.
What I have realized is that this is the most challenging thing I have encountered yet- both physically and mentally. To take it seriously, it takes a lot of time, beats the body up, and pushes you to the limit. My body has never been more tired. If I could do it all over again, I probably would sign up even though I question my thought process to begin with. That's what makes me think that this will all be worth it in the end.


My view on my run this morning

No comments:

Post a Comment