Family Fitness Challenge

Thursday, June 12, 2014

This week, my family has decided to take on a fitness challenge. The challenge is to get at least 25 minutes of exercise each day.We will log our activities and if we complete the challenge we will celebrate by doing a big event from the summer bucket list.

As a mom, I have realized two things when it comes to working out. Our kids can be a great excuse to not work out and in order for us to get workouts in, we often throw them in a day care at the gym or give them screen time or busy time so we can get the workouts in. So either we aren't working out because of the kids or they aren't working out and getting their physical activities in because we are.

I used to be really good about including my kids in my workouts. When I ran, they would bike or run with me. Now that I am running much further, it is harder to include them in my runs. It is really important for me to include them in a fit life style. Now that summer is in full swing at our house and sports have settled down, I felt like I needed to make more of a conscious effort to get them moving and working. So we came up with this challenge.

We decided that we will sometimes do our activities together and sometimes we will do them by ourselves. We came up with a fitness menu which includes a variety of activities to choose from. We will log our activities and time. With every 100 minutes, we will get a small reward and at the end of the summer if we have logged at least 125 minutes a week, we will get our big prize.

Here are a few of our fitness ideas:
running in the neighborhood. Run to a mailbox, walk to the next, run to the next and so on
riding bikes in the neighorhood
going to the bikepark
going to the highschool-running  the track or running the bleachers
yoga
kids crossfit
relay races
playing hard at the park
swimming
hiking
wiffle ball in the backyard
hose tag



No comments:

Post a Comment