Happy Father's Day!

Sunday, June 15, 2014

I find myself very lucky to have the relationship I do with my father and for my children to have  an amazing father.
I do not quite know what it is like to be a father but I do know that it is different than being a mother. I don't perceive it as easier or more difficult it is just different. As a little girl, I didn't really have a relationship with my father but over the years it has developed and it has blossomed into a relationship built on mutual respect. It is nice to have a father to call to vent to, seek advice from, and share experiences with. I hope that my own kids have the mutual respect and relationship with their father when they are older as I do with mine today.
When getting married, my dad was a big part of the process and supported me every step of the way. Never did I know that my husband would turn into the dad that he has though. At times I envy the relationship that he has with the kids. Each kid has a different relationship with him, one that can be admired! I look forward to the day that each of them realize how lucky and special they are to have such an amazing man in their lives. He is the one they go to to seek comfort, to have talks with about their terrible days, and to run around and do all things sports.  He has an amazing amount of patience with each one of them and can just talk to them in a language with no sugar coating but nurturing at the same time! He is their role model and hero. Ella cherishes story time at night and counseling when I just don't get it. Maya enjoys the freedom to wear as much makeup as she wants and lock the door while friends are over. Tate has a best friend in you and doesn't care what he is doing as long as he is in dad's shadow.
As parents we balance each other out and I am the mom I am because he is the dad he is!
Happy Father's Day to all the dad's out there. For both daughters and sons, you set the stage as  role models of how to be treated and how to treat others!


No comments:

Post a Comment