MM- Growth

Monday, May 19, 2014

Last week was the first week that I felt I was starting to make growth with my running- both mentally and physically. This training is really quite the journey. The first part of the journey for me was making the commitment and developing mental strength. I think I got there pretty quickly. The next part of the journey is where I am right now. It is all about progress and growth. I feel that in the month and a half since I have committed, I have made tremendous growth. Starting out, my daily runs were 2 miles. Last week all of my runs were at least 4 miles. I decided to run the same route everyday. It was really neat for me to see my time improve each day and the hills seem less steep. It made me think how incredible it is to have so much growth in a week.
Goal setting has been huge for me too. I have learned that I really don't want to let myself down and that I am very competitive with myself. If I set a goal, I really push myself to achieve it.
At this point, I truly believe that anyone can join this journey on any level. It starts with an idea which generates a commitment and mind set. Then with time and goals, growth happens.I look forward to the rest of this journey!

Why is it that we are so eager to forgive and forget others, treat them with compassion and understanding, while at the same time we are being so hard on ourselves about very little thing we think or...

No comments:

Post a Comment