MM- A day of Rest

Monday, May 26, 2014

Although I am not officially training for my marathon yet, I am training very hard and getting into a great rhythm of running and lifting. I have found a nice balance. I am now on summer break from school so my workout routine is always at its best, as I can always find a way and time to fit a workout in during the summer.
My biggest struggle right now if giving myself rest. I have not taken a day off from working out in a long time. Sometimes, I will skip lifting and just run or I will skip running and just lift. I have been justifying those as my rest days. I hit a point yesterday where my body screamed for a rest after I completed 9 miles and then lifted for an hour. Mentally, it is hard to listen to my body and stop. I gave myself permission to take today off. I enjoyed a lazy morning instead of my usual cup of coffee and then out the door for a run. I even ate breakfast and had all intentions of not running. After cleaning up from breakfast, I just couldn't justify not doing anything. I decided to go for a short and slow run. I even pushed Tate in the stroller to slow me down. We ended up going 3.5 miles. I felt like I took it slow and it actually felt good to loosen my muscles up by running. At least I would be taking the day off from the gym!
My newest challenge is going to be letting myself stop and rest here and there when I need to.
Make time to rest. To enjoy all the blessings along the way. Creativity usually comes in the silences...

No comments:

Post a Comment