Working out at home will never work

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Working out at home will never work...

I need the social network that the gym provides!

I need the accountability that the gym provides.

I need the equipment!

There are too many distractions at home.

Who can really get a good workout at home?

Those were my thoughts last year. As I saw friends sharing their journey of their at home workouts, I had all of those thoughts. I continued to have all of those thoughts as I plateaued at the gym because I didn't really know what I was doing and did the same thing every day. I used the same machines that I was comfortable with everyday. I didn't talk to a sole because I had limited time (but I needed the socialization). I didn't get there nearly as often as I intended because life got in the way and I have 3 kids with me at all times. The good equipment was always being used and I would have to wait or share or sacrifice. My membership was expensive too!

Here I am a year over and I don't every need to step foot back in the gym. I settled all those reservations and thoughts about at home workouts. I am in the best shape I have ever been in. I have the amazing support and socialization of a huge fit family. I have accountability from my fit family and challenge groups. I have a personal trainer in my house everyday which pushes me to my limits and varies my routine up. I have no excuses. My at home workouts don't come with hours so I can do them when I can.

Since last August when I left the gym and started working out at home, I have saved money, not missed a single day, and am crushing my fitness goals. I also get nutritional plans that have made a huge difference!

I am here to say...

At home workouts are amazing? My only question now is why aren't you working out at home?

Image result for beachbody on demand challenge pack

Nina Pears

No comments:

Post a Comment