21 Day Fix Extreme Quiche

Monday, May 11, 2015

Tonight I was looking for a different dinner option. I made quiche. The kids and hubby loved it. I have always made fritattas but sometimes you just want the crisp of a crust. I made 2 different options: 1 with an almond flour crust and the other with a cauliflower crust. Both were delicious and carb free.
Almond Flour Crust Quiche
2 1/2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 tsp baking soda

Mix all ingredients together. Flatten into a pie pan. Bake crust on 375 for 10 minutes.

Quiche- whisk 6 eggs with a splash of water. Add whatever ingredients you would like. I prefer mixed veggies. You can also add some sausage or chicken or even ground turkey. The kids love cheese in theirs too. 

Cauliflower Crust Quiche
1 head of cauliflower shredded finely (I put my in the vitamix)
microwave for 5 minutes
soak all of the moisture out of the cauliflower once it cools
mix in 1 egg and 1/2 cup shredded cheese. 
Flatten into a pie pan. Bake for 15 minutes on 350. 

 Quiche- whisk 6 eggs with a splash of water. Add whatever ingredients you would like. I prefer mixed veggies. You can also add some sausage or chicken or even ground turkey. The kids love cheese in theirs too.


Nina Pears

No comments:

Post a Comment