Moving Mountains!

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

As a teacher, I believe in every student that steps foot in my classroom! We all have different stories, different goals, and various backgrounds! When you enter my classroom, we all have a chance, growth, and mountains to move.
My teaching philosophy is built off of my own childhood and story. I didn't value education as a child. I survived as a child. In my primary years, I went to 4 different schools, had no support at home, and did what I could to get through the days, weeks, and years! I am so thankful that I had older brothers to pave the way a bit! 
I struggle in school and had very little achievement. I lacked confidence. 
As a parent those days frame me. As a teacher, those memories shape me. Every student and child is different. Their foundations are complex and vary across the board. No matter what it may be, I have great expectations for them to grow and have fun and learn and love themselves! 
In my classroom we set goals, monitor our goals, and achieve our goals! We fail, we learn, we succeed. 
During the last week of school, I read Oh the Places You Will Go by Dr. Seuss. I share my story and my accomplishments over the years but most importantly during our year together. Then I ask my students to think about their mountains, their success, and their future. 






No comments:

Post a Comment