21 Day Fix Extreme- results

Saturday, February 28, 2015

left is 25 days ago after completing Insanity Max 30. Right is after 21 day Fix Extreme
21 Days! It is crazy that in just 21 days so much can happen. I came into this program after completing another extreme program. I was in the best shape of my life and looked the best I have ever looked physically. I didn't have high expectations. I didn't think my body could transform much more than it already had.
I really enjoyed the workouts. They were very different and challenging. I love that all involved weights and all of the workouts were whole body multiple muscle workouts. I knew the real challenge for me was going to be the meal plan. I have eve stuck to a meal plan with out cheating just a little bit. I did the 21 day fix and eye balled all my measurements which had me eating more than the container amount. I easily justify my eating. I'll go for a run too so I can eat an extra carb or pop corn is technically a vegetable right? I was terrified of this meal plan and wasn't so sure I could do it. I gave it a try though and I was shocked at how easy it was to follow and how much I learned. I really like oats! I didn't eat anything with a label over the 21 days so it was all real food that was as clean as could be. I physically felt amazing! I was sleeping well and I had energy. I just felt good. I initially noticed a difference in my stomach too. It felt good and wasn't bloated or full or icky feeling ever. I liked that I could eat a lot and was able to eat all day. It kept me satisfied and I was never starving to the point where I felt the need to eat whatever I could get my hands on. I kept my meal plan very simple to help. I ate regularly and always knew what to expect.
Every morning started with oatmeal and cinnamon. I had my shakeology with coconut oil and peanut butter. My protein alternated between egg whites, cod, chicken, and ground turkey. My veggies were broccoli and asparagus. Every third day, I got a little bit of a break and I was able to add an apple, berries, and pumpkin seeds into the mix. Food prep was important so I always had the proper food available which helped limit temptation.
I didn't have any cravings until the beginning of week 3. At that point I was really craving carbs- a bagel or a donut. I even had a dream about cheetos. I had an amazing accountability group to turn to for support and I also knew it was only 21 days. I can do anything for 21 days.
Now that my 21 days are over, it is amazing what 21 days can do for you- physically and mentally. Physically, I am leaner and more defined. Mentally, I am so much stronger. 21 days can certainly break old habits and make new habits. Grocery shopping this weekend, I went to grab a bag of chips and popcorn and then put them back. Why buy it now. I love starting my day with oats. My portions are so balanced and I understand what my body needs and how it reacts to certain foods. I did not get one headache over the 21 days. My senses are much more in tune. My smells and tastes recognize the most subtle sweetness.
In only 21 days, I lost 6 pounds and am the lowest I have ever been! My waist and stomach went through the most drastic changes.
So what is next? The workouts in this program are amazing so I continue to do them. I am going to take a little break this week and do the fix nutrition plan and then will do another round to get me ready for the beach this spring break!
I would love for you to do my second round with me!
Ninapears@hotmail.com


Nina Pears

No comments:

Post a Comment