Cauliflower Crust Pizza

Sunday, March 1, 2015

I am on a big clean eating kick and actually the whole family is doing a great job sticking to what I plan and eat and not complaining too much. We are trying to be really strategic with our carbs- when we eat them and eating the best carbs we can. We will splurge every once in awhile and the kids have a bit more wiggle room. But what if you can make a pizza that is carb free and super clean. You could eat it all the time and it doesn't become a splurge any more. We used to make Pita pizzas a lot. We really liked them but when we became sugar conscious, we realized pita has sugar. So it is now entirely guilt free but still a great alternative.
I have heard about cauliflower pizza crust but I am not a fan of cauliflower. I decided to give it a try.
My only complaints about this recipe is it is a pain in the rear to hand grate cauliflower. I will put it in the food processor and it takes a lot of cauliflower to make a little crust. It was extremely tasty! I wanted to make it for myself and let the kids try it to see if if would be a recipe we revisit. The kdis loved it to my surprise and I thought it was pretty tasty. It had a unigue taste to it. I would like to make the crust thinner and hopefully crispier in the future. There is room to play and tweak this recipe for sure!



Grate 2 1/2 cups of cauliflower
Microwave cauliflower for 6 minutes
cool cauliflower
add 1 beaten egg and 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese to cooled cauliflower
mix well and flatten out on a sprayed pizza pan
bake at 425 for 12 minutes
top with desired toppings and bake to melt cheese and warm toppings

Nina Pears

No comments:

Post a Comment