The Never Ending Journey

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Today, I hit a pretty big milestone in my journey! It made me realize that my journey is ever changing and never ending. It also made me realize that my great big journey I call life is made up of many smaller journeys that all overlap at times.
I have been on my fitness journey for almost 4 years now. I remember walking into the gym the first time ever being completely overwhelmed. My comfort level at the gym grew over time and I started to enjoy fitness. I learned what it was like to be strong and also invest time into myself. It was a great feeling. As with any journey, when you reach a certain level of comfort or achieve a goal, you are ready for another goal or something to change and push you a bit harder.
Over the last 4 years, I started working out in the gym, I competed in the Tough Mudder, I ran the NYC marathon, I became a runner, I stopped going to the gym, I started working out at home, I became a coach to share my journey and passion, and am forever evolving and looking for what it next.
My goals and ideas about fitness have changed so much throughout this journey and each one has resulted in a different turn in my journey.
When I first started working out, I actually wanted to maintain my weight and not slim down like I had in the past after my pregnancies. After my first two children, I lost a lot of weight but was not healthy. I didn't feel good and had zero energy. I was constantly drained and in a fog. I was slim but not strong. I would sleep a minimum of 12 hours every night.
I started workign at the gym and only knew how to use the cardio machines. I was afraid to try anything else but after workign out at the gym for 3 years, I learned how to lift weights by watching others. I would run on the treadmill and watch other people lift and I would copy what they did. Then I finally got into a rhythm.  The problem was that I did the same exact workout 4 times a week. I never changed it because I did what I knew and was stuck in a routine. To change it up. I would increase my weight. I didn't really have goals and going to the gym became me going through the motions. Then I got to this point where I plateaued and even started gaining.
So what do I do? Sign up for the NYC marathon on a whim. I through I was a runner and I thought having a purpose for training would push me and would also help me reach my physical goals. I loved training and learned so much about myself physically and mentally! However, I couldn't lift the way I used to and train for a marathon.
That is when I found PiYo. This workout introduced me to at home workouts and worked me out in a different way and also gave me the guidance of a trainer. Someone to teach me what to do and how to do it and I had a plan to follow which changed my daily routine up. It was through this program that I also learned about proper nutrition. This program led me to the next at home program and then another and another.
I no longer go to the gym and I no longer have excuses that I can't workout out. I traded in my 2 hours of gym time for 30 minutes of sweat at home in my living room.
I am stronger than I ever have been. I am the most fit I have ever been. I have the most confidence I have had and most importantly, I am the healthiest I have ever been!
This morning I got on the scale and I reached my lowest weight ever while also being the strongest I have ever been.
So what is next? Once one goal is achieved, another is made! I think I am on to Body Beast! I have loved PiYo, T25, 21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Extreme, and Insanity Max 30. So why not give Body Beast a try? I think I am ready for another challenge and to continue to change and work on myself!

Where are you in your fitness journey? I would love to help you and for you to join me! ninapears@hotmail.com beachbodycoach.com/ninapears



Nina Pears

No comments:

Post a Comment