21 Day Fix Extreme Week 1

Sunday, February 15, 2015

The 21 Day Fix is a great program for everyone and anyone. The workouts are accessible for all. They can be modified and you can really push yourself. If you have never worked out before and and don't' know where to start, the workout are perfect. There is a modifier that can be followed. If you have been working out forever, these workouts can still be a challenge.
In addition to the 30 minute workout, you follow a balanced portion controlled meal plan. The only complaints I have ever heard is it is too much food. You feed your body what it needs. You can still go out to eat and enjoy a glass of wine and some treats. In 21 days, you can expect to lose about 10 pounds.
The 21 Day Fix Extreme is the original fix taken up a notch or 2. If you have never worked out before, it may be a little bit of  a stretch. There is still a modifier but there is some jumping and you push yourself a little harder. The moves are a little bit more complex. It is still only 30 minutes and each day, you will get a full body workout and feel like you worked out for an hour at the gym. You work up a good sweat, use weights, and push yourself when you don't think you can any more.
The meal plan is taken up a bit too. You have 2 options- the countdown to competition or the fix extreme. the fix extreme is very much like the original without any treats and cheats. I was terrified of the countdown to competition plan before I started but am in love with it a week into it. The countdown to competition is very doable and you will be amaze dhow your body and mind respond.
My desired outcome from this program was not to necessarily to drop a bunch of weight. My weight has been stagnant for quite some time. It dips down and then goes back up. My body has totally transformed with other programs but the weight stays about the same. I am at peace with that but will continue to grow and challenge myself. I took on the countdown to competition plan because I needed the mental challenge and I needed to be successful. I have always struggled with meal plans. I will cheat or tweak here or there but have a hard time seeing them through with 100% fidelity. I had an amazing accountability group that I knew would help get me through. The first few days were tough. There was a ton of food and cravings were there. It took some planning, prep, and discipline. After the first three days, I was in a great rhythm and already started to feel a major difference in my body. I had an energy that never faded, was sleeping really well at night, my insides felt good, and overall, I felt great!  I was amazed. I am never bloated or gross feeling at all. I am constantly eating and always full so I don't' crave food! After the first week, I was down 4 pounds and 2% body fat. It was pretty amazing. It is a great program to lose weight and feel good! It is super easy to follow and with accountability you will be successful and have support through the entire 21 days. This is what my food consists of for 2 days and then the third is less restricted and then back on this for 2. I choose between egg whites, cod, chicken, and ground turkey for my proteins. My veggies are cucumbers, broccoli, and asparagus. I start the day with oats and cinnamon and a chocolate shakeology with PB and coconut oil. My proteins are 6, veggies 3, carb 1, and 3 teaspoons of coconut oil/PB. Email me at ninapears@hotmail.com for more information or to get started!














Nina Pears

No comments:

Post a Comment