Insanity Max 30- Month One progress and results

Sunday, January 4, 2015

I am 30 days in to Insanity Max 30 which is the official half way mark. Let me remind you that I hate cardio and almost did not do this program because I was intimidated by the intensity. I am so glad I broke through my comfort zone and tried it. Then I am so glad I have an accountability group to post in everyday so I see it through. It make sit hard for me to walk away from the program when I have to check in everyday.
To be honest with you, the first week was hell. The whole program is based on pushing yourself as hard as you can. I felt if I was going to do it, I was going to go all out. Everyday was a mystery when it came to the workout. I didn't know what was coming next or how far I could go. There were times when I felt light headed and like I wanted to throw up because I was pushing myself to my max. That first week, the accountability group was key! I needed the support to keep me in it. When things are difficult for me, I have an easy time giving up.
After the first week, I started looking forward to this workout. I wanted to compete with my previous times and push myself even further. Everyday I did and I was able to see the gain in mental and physical strength. The moves that I thought were insane like diamond jump burpees or suicide burpees or scissor pushups were now doable and actually kind of fun because they were so out of the ordinary. I started counting how many I could do and making sure next time I pushed myself to do more. I also did whatever it took to beat my previous max out time. It was such a competition against myself like it should be. We really are our own and only competitors. There were some days that I had set backs and maxed out earlier than the previous week but that just pushed me even harder to beat it the next time.
After 1 month, I have gained so much strength. I measure it by my max out times. The cardio challenge acts as your fitness test each week. I increased my time by over minute during the first month. I also pushed myself harder each week to go faster or have better form. I saw the biggest increase in the Tabata workout. This workout is more strength based than cardio based and I increased my time by 15 minutes.
Physically, I can not believe the difference in definition. My muscles are so much more defined now all over my body. I notice it most in my abs and legs. Instead of just having thick legs, they look muscular and you can actually see the definition in my abs. I have lost 7 inches all over my body with the most significant loss in my thighs. I lost an inch and a  half in each thigh. 7 inches in a month is pretty crazy!
But most significantly, I feel great! I love this workout and how it makes me feel. Everyday I am able to see progress and crave the next day's workout!
I have also learned that this work out can be done at any fitness level. There is a modifier that does similar moves but with less intensity. You can also stop and go at your own pace after you max out which can be at 1 minute. If you want results and a battle against yourself, this is the workout for you!
beachbodycoach.com/ninapears
ninapears@hotmail.com


Nina Pears

No comments:

Post a Comment