Crazy Mornings!

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

So much of my day happens before I even start my day at work.
I am up early and take advantage of every second I have. I love lazy mornigns and having the freedom to go at my own pace.
Unfortunately, those mornings only come once in a blue moon. Having 3 kids, animals, a husband is gone at least 3 morning in a row every week, and a job where the kids come with me to work means we have an all out sprint marathon every morning. Yes  a sprint marathon. No there is not such a thing but that is what our morning is. We go non stop like chickens with our heads chopped off from 5-8.
Every morning, I seem to learn something new or adjust our routine to try to make it more efficient than the day before.
Here are my tips to a stress free workout...
1. Set your alarm early enough so you have at least 5 minutes of quiet time to yourself- I make sure I can enjoy my first cup of coffee in peace in quiet
2. Try to get a workout in. You will start the day off on the right foot doing something for yourself and it will make the rest of the day so much better! 
3. Set out clothes the night before for yourself and the kids
4. pack lunches the night before
5. Have kids help!
    pack their own snack, make their own breakfast or help where they can, pack their own bag
6. Divide up morning responsibilities and chores amongst the kids. Everyone has a job in the morning.
7. No screen time.
8. Reading or homework time. It keeps them bust and engaged while you are scrambling to get everything ready. 
9. Have the kids get in the car 5 minutes before you are leaving. Then they will be in there for a minute while you do a final sweep to make sure everything is done and nothing is forgotten. And by the time you get to the car, the kids will be in it and ready to go.
10. Have a checklist of essentials by the door- backpack, lunch, snack, homework. Double check one last time before departure.

And the next part of the day can begin...




Nina Pears

No comments:

Post a Comment