52 New Food Challenge

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Have you heard of the 52 New Food Challenge? This is a book that introduces a family food challenge for the year. The challenge is to eat a new/different food each week of the year. You then keep track of the different foods you tried as a family and can talk about them and rate them.
I don't know about you, but if I put Kumquats on my child's plate and expected them to eat them, they wouldn't even try them because of the unknown factor. What are they? What do they taste like? Kids generally stay away from the unknown.
However, if you recognize that is something new and you have never tried it as a family before and even play around with different recipes, kids will be more apt to give it a try and may even love it! I love this idea and approach. Not only will it help my kids try new foods but it will encourage me to try new recipes and get out of the rut of making and eating the same exact foods on a weekly rotation.
I can not wait to try this! The book categorizes different foods by the season and maps it all out for you so you are not trying to figure it out on your own every week. However, I love to walk through the produce isle of Whole Foods with my kids and find unique things and buy them and try them!

I will be implementing this at our house! Does anyone want to join us? I would love to start a group to share recipes, reactions, and stories!

Please let me know if you are interested!
ninapears@hotmail.com



Nina Pears

No comments:

Post a Comment