What is your why?

Sunday, November 9, 2014

With everything we do, we have a why. There is always a reason. Sometimes, we have complete control over what we are doing and other times we don't. In the times that we don't have control, it is so important to remember your why.
What is your job? Why do you do that work? Your why may simply be to make money or it might be so much bigger. No matter what end of the spectrum you are on, you have a why and when you think about your why it helps keep you focused.
This week has been a nice reminder of remembering my why. After running a marathon, I gave my body a break from running for the week. I didn't want to but my body needed the rest. I snuck a run in here or there but had a hard time running. But my why for running became so big that I had to get some sort of run in.
Your why really is your passion and it will change and intensify and fade at times. It is so important to know your why.
I had a really special run with Maya this morning. She joined me on her bike and we went for a nice slow run/ride. While I loved my marathon training, I have really missed my runs with my kids. It really is great quality time.
My runs are bonding time with my family and husband.
I always said I run because I can. But I have also realized that running gives me so much in return. At the end of the day, I run because it pushes me out of my comfort zone and makes me feel amazing.
As I think about what is next with my running, it is nice to remember my why and refocus.

Nina Pears

No comments:

Post a Comment