Losing control to gain control

Thursday, November 6, 2014



Losing control to get back into control

For the last seven months, I have completely been in control of my diet and fitness. Over this time, there were moments where I lost a bit of control but gained it again right away. There were also times when I fell in a slump with my fitness and needed to change it up. I had the most control over myself than I had ever had before. I was incredibly dedicated and driven. I also got the best results that I have even seen.
This last week was a little different. I gave myself permission to ease up on everything. I continued to run but not at the intensity that I was. I took a full week off from working out which was the longest amount of time that I went without in over three years. And then my diet consisted of whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. Because of the discipline I have had and the reactions my body now has to certain foods, I controlled this a little bit but ate a lot. There was one point during the week where I had gained 6 pounds. I know weight always fluctuates but for 3 years my weight has been constant within + or - 1 pound.
It paid a toll on my overall well-being and body! I had many stomach issues. I lacked energy. And my body was super achy and sore. But I am so happy I had this off week because it reminds me of how important nutrition and fitness are to me and reminds me of why I make it a priority. That reminder is great to let me refocus, create new goals, and achieve them.I am now hitting it harder than ever and really enjoying it! 

Nina Pears

No comments:

Post a Comment