My last long run

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

I completed my last long run of my marathon training. I wish I could say it was a great run but it wasn't. It was a difficult run. I wasn't able to get the rest I needed going into it and I was sore and tired-body and mind. If though it was challenging, I have learned how to enjoy every run. From that run on, I have been counting my miles and realizing that with every run, I am getting so much closer to my race. I am getting so anxious. Am I ready? Will I be able to run to my expectations? What will the whole experience be like? What will I feel like when it is all over?
I will soon have answers to all of these questions and in the mean time am reminding myself on a daily basis to relax and enjoy the process.
I have 4 more runs in Colorado and then I am off to NY for 6 more runs. After tomorrow I will be in the single digits.
My one take away from this is that if you have ever thought about running a marathon, do it. If it seems impossible, even better. You will grow and learn so much and will enjoy it so much more! You really can do it and will grow beyond your expectations!


Nina Pears

No comments:

Post a Comment