MM- Holding on!

Monday, October 13, 2014

I am in the final stretch! Less than 2 weeks away. My long runs are getting harder to fit in with crazy schedules and the amount of hours that it is light. But I feel like my long runs just keep getting better and better. All of my runs have been pretty controlled. I can fit them in at the time I want them to be and can even work around the weather to make sure I am running in ideal running weather. This weekend was different. I didn't think I would get my long run in. I was trying to be okay with it but I knew I had to get it in. I found a way to fit it in but it wasn't ideal. I almost didn't do it because it wasn't my ideal time and weather. Yes, that is right. I almost went without the run because it wasn't when I wanted to do it and then the time came and the weather was not on my side. But being at the place I am at in my training, I went.
My run started off in the down pouring rain. I had 3 layers on. About 2 miles into my run, something hit me and I really started to push myself and enjoy my run more than I ever had before. Maybe it was the rain and the cold that gave me a fresh breath. Or maybe it was because I am m so close to what I have been working towards and I want to savor the last bit of it before it is gone. Sure, I can continue to run after y marathon and even train for another one but it will never be my first marathon again. It may be just as rewarding and I may learn and grow even more but it will be different.
After mile 2, I ran like it really mattered and pushed myself harder than I ever had and felt amazing. the views all around me were breath taking and I enjoyed the entire run using all of my senses to take it it. When I turned north, I ran into a fierce wind but felt so strong doing it because I really had to physically push throughout to run against it.
It was a run that I wish didn't end. I wanted to hold on to this run and this point in my training. My body wasn't tired. My mind was strong and clear. The excitement for the race is building and I felt free! I felt confident in myself. I felt strong and I felt like I could run forever. The relationship I have developed with running is one that I didn't think could happen.
I will hold onto every mile and every run for the next 3 weeks and celebrate it all running through the Buroughs of NY!

Nina Pears

No comments:

Post a Comment