Marathon Monday- Auto Pilot

Monday, October 6, 2014

If you had a conversation with me at the beginning of my marathon training 6 months ago, I would have never thought my body and mind could have gotten anywhere near the place that they are at now.
It is amazing to think back to my first "long" run when I ran 6 miles. My knees were killing me and mentally I did not know how I could do that run three more times.
Yesterday, when I did my long run, it just felt so natural. I felt like I was on auto pilot. My mind and body just know what to do and they get in a rhythm and I just go. It is am amazing feeling. It is nice to see what the body and mind are capable of. If is a great feeling to see what you have over come.
26 miles always seemed so long. Now it is something I crave and my body has become accustomed too!
4 more weeks and counting!!!!



Nina Pears

No comments:

Post a Comment