Keeping fitness and nutrition a priority through the changing seasons and holidays

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

I don't know about you, but the time of the year that my nutrition and fitness are at their best is during the summer. Then I hold on as long as I can and slowly slide as the seasons and weather change and through the holidays. Then after the holidays, I slowly build it back up and get to that great place in the summer and then begin the cycle all over again.
Sound familiar?
I tend to hibernate during the winter. It gets dark early at night and stays dark late in the morning. I dress in layers which makes it easy to hide my body. It is work to get bundled up to go outside and exercise. Food is comforting through the holidays and during the cold spells. Things get hectic and crazy and it is hard to find the time.
I am determined to make this year different. I have worked so hard and I want to maintain what I have worked towards. Just think what tit would be like to keep building on it instead of starting over every year.
How can we do this?
1. Meal Plan
2. Have goals leading up to each holiday and celebrate your accomplishments on the holiday not during the whole season.
3. Transform traditional recipes into healthier versions
4. Track your exercising
5. Schedule your exercise time into you busy days
6. Have at home workouts ready and available so you take the guess work and planning out of your workout
7. Have a plan or program set up for after each holiday
8. Find an accountability partner to get you through the season
9. Try new outdoor activities- snow shoe, cross country ski, down hill ski, ice skate, hike
10. sign up for a race so you have something to train for
Bonus- Buy yourself some nice new clothes to work out in and to motivate you to go out side. New boots too!



Nina Pears

No comments:

Post a Comment