How Do You Manage?

Sunday, September 28, 2014

The last couple of months have been challenging for me to say the least. Since school has started back up Morgan has only been home 19 days and of those 19 days he was probably on shift at least 6 days so in all reality since school has started Morgan has probably slept at home 13 days. It is crazy to think about it like that.
I am not perfect, I do not have super powers, and I don't think it is easy. But I do take it one day at a time, sometime one minute at a time, and make a lot of mistakes on the way. I keep track of my priorities and run my days like I am on a mission. I appreciate my kids for who they are and all the help and support they contribute to our team.
Many people have said they don't know how I do it. First and foremost, I am a mom! That is my number one priority in my day to day life. I will make sure I eat breakfast and dinner with my kids on a daily basis and that I attend to all of their needs. I also know I need to include them in all of our responsibilities and rely on their independence.
Next up comes work. I truly love what I do and I am lucky to have an audience that demands my attention and keeps me on my toes to constantly be thinking of new things or ways to get information across. I am so lucky to gain new children every year and have them challenge me in ways I never thought I could be challenged on a daily basis.
Next up is my health and fitness. This is a priority for me and I will go without a lot of things and make many sacrifices to accommodate this need. Sometimes, I work in several chunks throughout the day to get what I need done. My running is a non-negotiable at this point and has to get down every day. I will wake up and run in the dark to ensure it gets done. The rest of the work out usually gets done after dinner and homework when the kids are settling down. This area has been the most difficult to accommodate with Morgan being gone and juggling everything else but it has become a priority to find time to get it in. I am all about working
out smarter not harder and and happy that I have found a way to fit it in. I no longer go to the gym and I do miss it but I am fortunate to have found at home workouts that produce results and are easy to fit in!
I have also took on another job that I have a hard time thinking of as a job. I love being a Beachbody coach and that has become a passion of mine. Since I love it so much, I am able to give it my time and attention.
Then there is the house and cleaning, and yard. I fit that in here and there and it always seems to be ok if it waits a little longer.
What I have realized is that if I am truly passionate about things, I can manage fine. I may make mistakes here and there and struggle at times but it keeps me learning and growing. So how do I manage it all? I just do it and don't think about it. I enjoy every aspect of my life so I make it all a priority and really think about what I am doing and why I am doing it and it is all worth it. When Morgan is home for longer than a few days, life will go on and I will do the same but I will have support right by my side. And it is all so worth it!

Nina Pears

No comments:

Post a Comment