Direct reflections

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Our kids are direct reflections of us-their parents. They see what we do, hear what we say, and are incorporated into our life styles. This holds true with exercise and nutrition too. Because I am so passionate about exercise and nutrition, my kids are too.
They watch me workout out everyday. They have seen me struggle and succeed. They have heard my stories of my runs and have been an active part of my training. We eat every meal as a family. We eat the same food and the kids have an understanding of the nutritional value and purpose of our food. When we eat, there are non-negotiables but there are compromises too. A veggie has to be eaten with every meal. The corn can be switched out for broccoli or carrots.
Why is it important? We know the health implications with obesity and how the childhood obesity rates are increasing. Not only are there the obvious health implications but also academic and social implications too. If you need a reason to eat a little healthier or to work out today, have it be for your kids!

Nina Pears

No comments:

Post a Comment