Great game! Would you like fries with that?

Friday, May 20, 2011

A couple of months ago, a Super WalMart opened up next to a huge park in town. The park is absolutely beautiful and has a great playground and a ton of sports fields. When you drive by the park on the weekends the fields are covered with kids playing soccer, softball, and baseball. The Super WalMart is so super that it even has a McDonalds in it! Today I drove by WalMart and saw a McDonalds banner advertising 20% off for anyone who has a sports uniform on and their guests too. I laughed when I read this and loved the irony in it.
Health critics are so against McDonalds. Their food is convenient and appealing to families on the run and children but it is so terrible for you. I am not a fan of McDonalds but I believe people have a choice in where they eat and what they eat. I personally choose not to eat there and not to let my children eat there. I am not going to rant about McDonalds and their quality.
However, I think it is ironic to advertise to kids and families that jsut finish playing a game. These kids had at least played an hour of their sport and the last thing they need in their systems is McDonalds. I almost want to go stand outside the WalMart McDonalds on a Saturday to see how many kids in their uniforms go indulge themselves with a Big Mac and fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment