Colorado or Florida

Thursday, June 2, 2011

We are very grateful to be on vacation in Florida! Being here makes me remember all of my years spent here and makes me think what it would have been like if we decided to stay in Florida and raise a family instead of moving to Colorado. We have spent every day at the beach. It provides endless hours of entertainment. We build sand castles, collect shells, go on walks, swim, float and my all time favorite- go for bare foot runs. I think I could run for days straight if it I were bare foot running on the beach having the waves chase my footsteps.
We really enjoy it here and the activities and it is fun to be here with the kids. I find it a lot harder to eat healthy here. The grocery stores do not have the healthy variety like they do in Colorado and food is more expensive here. There is a lot of fresh fish and seafood and many fresh fruits. But you have to really look for things. In Colorado we can go to the local grocery store and get pretty much anything we are looking for. If we can't get it at the local grocery store there are a few health stores we can go to that aren't completely out of our way. Here the local grocery stores don't have much and there are very few health food stores.
It makes me realize how lucky we are in Colorado. Colorado is one of the healthiest states to live in and now I see why just comparing it to Florida. I do love Florida but I also love Colorado. I miss the mountains and the hikes and the cool evenings in Colorado. I have always said Colorado is an amazing place to live and the only thing that would make it nicer is if there were an ocean!
I am very happy to call Colorado my home but Florida will always have a special place in my heart. I wonder what other states are like compared to Colorado and Florida? I have never really taken the time to think and food and fitness in others states before and how it compares to what Colorado has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment