Activity and recipe

Thursday, June 16, 2011

I have never been known as one to sit and relax. I have always lived my life on the go and have a hard time forcing myself to stop every once in awhile. Our summer has started off more hectic than I could ever imagine. We don't plan for it to be but it just happens that way. I know a lot of it is because of my personality and then my children have grown used to it as well so they want to constantly be on the go. Now that we are 3 weeks into our summer break and we seem to have not taken any time to just sit back and relax my activity this week is to find time to do just. We are such an active family and love doing just about anything that keeps us on the go. However, I am now realizing that it is just as important to have a day of doing nothing and going no where. I am going to try my hardest to dedicate one day a week this summer to doing nothing at all. I know it is going to be extremely difficult but think we will all benefit tremendously. I was talking to Ella about this yesterday. I told her we need to just relax and not do anything for a little bit. It then turned into a  game of what relaxing means because she doesn't like to just do nothing it is boring. We decided that on our "off" days it is still ok to play in our yard, play with our neighbors, go the the neighborhood park, and things around the house like bike ride and go for a run. So I guess an off day is just not getting in the car and going somewhere but it's a start for us!

Recipe

One of our favorite things to have for dinner are stuffed peppers. The other night I made them but didn't have any brown rice so I made them with Quinoa. We all loved them.

I boil my peppers for about 10 minutes to soften them up then I set them aside until the stuffing is ready.

For the stuffing I brown ground beef, and saute mushrooms and onions. I season with red pepper and garlic. I boil the Quinoa and then add that to the pan of meat. I add a little marinara sauce and mix it all together. Then I stuff the peppers and top with a little cheese and back until the cheese is melted and they are warm all the way through.

The girls aren't a big fan of the peppers but love the stuffing.

No comments:

Post a Comment